Rising demand for feed around the world is the key factor driving market revenue growth
Market Size - USD 20.94 Billion in 2021, Market Growth - at a CAGR of 4.4%, Market Trends - Increasing demand for producing commercial animal feed and organic animal feed processing
New York, September 29, 2022 - The global feed processing market size was USD 20.94 Billion in 2021 and is expected to register a revenue CAGR of 4.4% over the forecast period, according to the latest report by Reports and Data. Rising awareness regarding feed nutrition and health is the key factor driving market revenue growth. Utilizing cutting-edge feed processing technology, choice of ingredients, and diet form are tailored to maximize feed intake and nutrient usage effectiveness. Goal of feedstuffs is to provide nutrients that are used for upkeep and productive functions, after being digested. Pig and poultry diets have optimal balance of essential nutrients for satisfying various phases of production while maximizing performance.
In addition, increasing demand for producing commercial animal feed, organic animal feed processing, and handling encompasses processing organic feed and food for all domesticated animal types, such as cattle, poultry, aquaculture, and companion animals are other primary factors driving market revenue growth. Feeds are main determinant of animal production. Moreover, feed processing modifies physical characteristics of feed components to maximize their use by animals and enhance mixing and stability of their diet, which is simpler to digest feed particles after processing. This procedure helps to increase bioavailability and digestibility of the diet. Meal processing raises nutritional value of feed and lowers feeding-related losses. Increased feed intake, faster average daily turnover, and higher feed conversion or efficiency are all benefits of feed processing. Furthermore, animals require a diet that contains four major food groups, protein, carbohydrates, fiber, vitamins, and minerals. However, meals are balanced, simple to digest, and provide all nutrients required for an animal's healthy growth.
To understand how our Feed Processing Market can bring difference to your business strategy:-Download Summary
Some Key Highlights From the Report
- The grinding segment accounted for a significant revenue share in 2021. Grinding is a crucial step in feed preparation process to increase digestibility of feed for livestock and poultry. Its functions increase material utilization value and feed product processing quality. In addition, grinding process is crucial step in feed processing process and one of the essential tools for making sensible use of feed. Moreover, types of raw materials and feeding animals, stage of growth, and technological needs all are taken into consideration when determining size of crushed particle.
- The pellets segment is expected to register a significant revenue growth rate over the forecast period. One of the popular feed form is pellet as it provides plethora of advantages to feed miller and livestock farmer, increasing profitability by enabling increased bulk density, preventing component segregation, reducing transportation and storage costs, enhancing digestion and nutrient bioavailability, and reducing pathogen load. The most used Hydrothermal Processing (HTP) process for producing pig and poultry feeds is pelleting. which is a process of preparing raw materials by introducing heat and steam-containing water. The meal can be efficiently consumed by chickens by crumbling pellets into smaller pieces.
- The manual segment expected to register a moderate revenue growth rate over the forecast period. Locally obtainable materials used in design and construction of manually operated feed pelleting machines make them fairly economical. In addition, manual method of operation does not require for high level of technological knowledge. Machine's essential components include hopper, extrusion barrel, screw auger, bearing housing, crank arm, supporting frame, and others. Moreover, criteria such as pelleting efficiency, percentage of mechanical damage, percentage of feed loss, and throughput capacity, are used to evaluate performance of manually operated machine.
- The Asia Pacific market accounted for largest revenue share in 2021. India is one of the top manufacturers of animal feed globally. Various raw, processed, and semi-processed goods are included in animal feed and fed to cattle. Some of the most popular feeds are pasture grasses, cereal grains, hay, silage crops, and other food crop byproducts such as brewer's grains, pineapple bran, and sugar beet pulp.
- The North America market is expected to register a significant revenue growth rate over the forecast period. Use of feed additives has increased as a result of rise in demand for different animal products including milk, dairy products, meat products, eggs, and others in this region. According to Institute for Feed Education and Research (IFEEDER), domestic cattle and pets in the U.S. used approximately 284 million tonnes of food in 2019, which in turn, is driving revenue growth of the market.
- Companies profiled in the market report are ANDRITZ, Novozymes A/S, GEA Group Aktiengesellschaft, Clextral, Het Feed Machinery, B.K. Alled Industries, Lallemand Inc., Dinnissen BV, Zhengchang, Ltd., and
For the purpose of this report, Reports and Data has segmented the global feed processing market based on type, form, mode of operation, livestock, and region:
Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2019-2030)
- Cleaning & Sorting
- Conditioning & Expanding
- Dosing & Batching
- Cooling & Drying
- Testing & Analysis
Form Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2019-2030)
Mode of operation Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2019-2030)
Livestock Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2019-2030)
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2019-2030)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA